Fourteen Broken Bow firemen responded to a structure fire Jan. 19, at the residence of BBPD officer Dalen Woods. The call came in at 3:27 p.m. of smoke coming from the roof of a barn on the property.
The department responded with five trucks and one ambulance with three crew members aboard. The firemen were able to save the barn, with only minimal damage reported.
According to Andy Holland, the cause of the fire was determined to be a heat lamp. There were no injuries. The department was on scene for an hour.