Carol Amelia Parish, the second of three children, was born in Phillipsburg, Kan., to Everret and Jane Parish March 12, 1947. She departed this world Oct. 26, 2012.
She was preceded in death by her father and mother, sister, Virginia; and brother, Richard.
She leaves to mourn her passing her brother-in-law, Frank Townsend, cousin Mark Dickenson and other cousins; many friends at the high rise, and a host of community friends.
Carol spent her early years in Alma. In September 1952, she entered Beatrice State Development Center where she grew up. In April 1971, she moved to Broken Bow to join her siblings, Richard and Ginny, in services at MNIS.
Carol was a familiar sight in the community of Broken Bow. She stopped at several businesses to socialize. She held a variety of jobs in the community. Among those were as a custodian for MNIS, Bow Bakery, the Elk’s club, Prairie Eye Care Center for Dr. Vaughn, and Judy’s.
For many years she helped in food services for Lunch Time Solutions at the Broken Bow Public Schools. She enjoyed all of her jobs, but probably favored the school and her employment at Judy’s.
She retired in February 2012, with plans to enjoy Broken Bow and vacationing. She recently returned from a very special vacation at Lake Tahoe.
Funeral services were Tuesday, Oct. 30, at the United Methodist Church in Broken Bow with the Rev. Todd Karges officiating, and Kathy Weidner speaking. Interment was at Alma Cemetery in Alma, with Govier Brothers Mortuary of Broken Bow in charge of arrangements.
Published in Custer County Chief, Nov. 1, 2012