Need a terrific coffee cake to serve at breakfast or your next brunch? Well, Darci Juris has a recipe you have to try! Her Bang’n Blueberry Coffee Cake is so moist and the streusel adds a sweet crunch. Along with a cup of coffee, it’s a great way to start your day.
Blueberry Coffee Cake
What You Need
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
1/4 c flour
3 tbsp butter, room temp
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour, sifted
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
3/4 c white sugar
1/3 c butter, melted
1/2 c milk, buttermilk,
or soy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 c blueberries, frozen
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour a loaf or cake pan.
• For the topping, in small mixing bowl combine streusel ingredients. Blend with fork until crumbly. Set aside.
• In a small sauce pan, heat half the blueberries and 1 tsp of sugar over medium heat. Occasionally mash berries. Heat until berries turn into slightly thick syrup. Remove from heat and set aside.
• In a small bowl, sift flour with baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, mix together beaten egg, 3/4 cup sugar and 1/3 cup melted butter. Add milk and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture and mix well.
• Pour half the batter into a greased and floured pan. Sprinkle with remaining blueberries and half the streusel topping. Then top with remaining batter.
• Using a spoon, drizzle the blueberry syrup over the top. Gently swirl with a toothpick and slightly mix. Top with remaining streusel.
• Bake for 35 to 45 min. or until cake tests done. Partially cool in pan on wire rack.